You have probably been recently arrested for committing a crime and require skilled legal counsel on such matters like drug offense, DUI/DWI, assault or even murder. Perhaps you have also come to grasp that having a public defender or representing yourself might not be to the best of your interest. You simply may be having some questions of a legal nature on a criminal issue, which you require to be answered in your choice of an attorney. No matter the reasons, when seeking such services, you need advice and guidance because the consequences of a wrong choice could be quite severe. The outcome of a criminal case could impact your family, career and your long-term prospects.
It is possible that the most vital decision you ever will make is regarding the lawyer you pick to represent your case. You will want Minneapolis Criminal Defense attorney who:
- Focuses predominantly on criminal defense cases exclusively and not a general law practitioner.
- Works with you directly from the beginning of the case to the final conclusion and not some lawyer who will assign the case to a legal assistant or some other junior attorney in the firm.
- Treats each client with maximum respect and holds himself to the highest standard of ethical behavior.
- That takes some time to explain to all options, listens to you and also involves you in the entire decision-making process.
- With an established and significant record of having successfully represented other individuals or entities in felony and misdemeanor cases similar to the one you are facing.
- Has a good number of taken cases to full trial and actually won several rather than having all the cases settled without ever going to trial at all. Too many a Minneapolis Criminal Defense Lawyer is swift to negotiate a quick settlement before going to trial which may not be to the best interests of the defendant. The reputation and the total willingness to actually try the cases to the interests of the client should be an indication of good faith and professionalism.
It is important that you pick or select a lawyer who aggressively protects your rights within the confines of the law and not one who is prone to taking quick results. A lawyer who has extensive experience in handling a very wide spectrum of criminal cases like DUI, drug crimes, domestic violence, identity theft and all manner of federal crimes ought to be a good choice.
You should select a lawyer who shows an inclination and committed to trying to minimize the impact your criminal charge on your life, a Minneapolis Criminal Defense Lawyer who will start by meticulously reviewing all the existing case facts from all angles and not just relying on the police reports and official documentation. You should pick a lawyer who is willing to go that extra mile and interview many witnesses and possibly hire their own investigators so as to solidify your defense.